Saturday, March 23, 2013

Adventures Prior to the 10 Day Count Down



As I sit here to write the first entry in our blog, suddenly my hands clam up and begin to perspire, my heart begins to race a little! I'm excited, I'm nervous, but it is subtle in these last 10 days before we leave the states. I wonder if it will rise like the waves in the ocean as the tide does as our departure nears. Until then...

All the wheels are in motion as they say! We successfully sold 90% of our material possessions between Mrs. Courage's Boutique Sale held in the front room of our house and a garage sale we put together in Black Mountain, North Carolina. We made roughly enough to buy one of our plane tickets to Spain, which cost $618. A lot of work but I would say that is a win for the Courage's! Thank you so much Mom and Dad Courage for your generous contribution to our trip with the proceeds from the yard sale! As well as those fine ladies who supported with their purchases at the boutique sale! You girls are the best!

My last day of work at Whiskey Warehouse, in Charlotte, NC was March 21, 2013. I'm going to miss all of you! Hold down the place while I'm away.         

Family is an amazing thing because you never know when someone will surprise you. For instance, My Aunt Maria and Uncle Ralph own property in Calpe. They have humbled Ross and I with permission to stay in their apartment, they have shared their secrets of the local cuisine, shopping and places to sight see. We hope to see you both in Calpe! I owe special thanks to my mother for the of searching for a family heirloom throughout our journey. Also to my Aunt Phyllis and Uncle Bill Campbell, Ricky and Mona Johnson, Josh Courage, Sarah Dilliuo, Abbey Warnsing, for the extra travel funds, and to everyone who sends their love and support.
Next is finalizing our packing lists and tying up the loose strings required before leaving for our journey because we leave April 2, 2013. Do you think we are crazy? Or not? Either way stay tuned because we can only go up from here!

No comments: